OCIA - Order of Christian Initiation for Adults
St. Benedict Church is happy to partner with you toward this important journey of faith, not only for your child, but for the entire family. This is a process by which adults and children seven years old or older are prepared for the initiation sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and First Communion.
Adults of other faith traditions who have been baptized and are wanting to become Catholic, as well as adults who were baptized Catholic but have not received other sacraments, participate in this process as well.
This Spiritual Journey consists of four periods:
- The Period of Evangelization and Pre-Catechumenate
- The Period of Catechumenate
- The Period of Purification and Enlightenment
- The Period of Postbaptismal Catechesis or Mystagogy
and three steps:
- Acceptance into the Order of Catechumens
- Election or Enrollment of Names
- Celebration of the Sacraments of Initiation
OCIA Adapted for Children
All families with children aged seven and above who wish to become members of the Catholic Church are welcomed into this community process. Families attend together to learn about our faith and discern their particular needs on their spiritual journey.
- Initial meeting with Sr. Ruth
- Complete the OCIA Registration Form from meeting with Sr. Ruth
- Send in a copy of Child's/Adult's Birth Certificate
Schedule of Classes
Meetings are offered once a week: Sundays at 12:15-1:30pm on the St. John Bosco School campus beginning on September 10.
You must be a registered parishioner at St. Benedict Catholic Church (or another Catholic Church with permission from the Pastor) to participate in the OCIA program.
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns:
Sr. Ma. Ruth C. De La Cruz, OP
Director of Evangelization & Faith Formation
480.961.1610 ext. 303