Infant Baptism (Newborn - 6 years old)
Baptism is the first step in our initiation into the mystery of Christ’s death and resurrection. It incorporates us into a community of faith-the Body of Christ, the Church.
St. Benedict Catholic Church congratulates you on the birth of your child. We ask that Parent(s) be a registered member(s) of the parish for at least three months prior to requesting the sacrament of baptism.
Godparents are to support the parents in their Catholic faith, as well as help the child by serving as good role models of the faith.
Requirements for Registration
- Initial Interview (Sr. Ruth)
- Fill out the Registration Form
- Copy of Child’s birth certificate
- Name of Godparents; only one is necessary. If two are desired one must be male and one female.
- Parents are required to attend a baptismal preparation class. Godparents are strongly encouraged to attend a class, as well.
- Sessions are being held on the 2nd Saturday of the month in the St. Benedict Conference Room (Annex 1), from 9:30-11:30am.
- Celebrations of the Sacrament of Baptism are scheduled at the time of the interview. It is generally on the weekends with no Baptisms allowed during Lent.
- Godparents need to be at least 16 years old and confirmed in the Catholic faith.