The Sacrament of Reconciliation imparts God’s grace and mercy on us, and allows us to be reconciled and at peace in our relationships and with the Church.
At the Parish of St. Benedict, we follow a family-focused preparation model for this sacrament – helping families grow in their understanding of the Sacrament of Reconciliation and witness God’s grace and mercy with one another. First Reconciliation preparation is provided to all children in 2nd grade or older who have completed at least one year of faith formation through Journey of Faith, Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, St. John Bosco Catholic School, or other method of religious education approved by the Diocese of Phoenix.
This Sacramental preparation program includes the following components:
- Home-study with the family, using a book, lesson plans and timeline provided by the parish
- One Multi-family group meeting that includes a Scripture study and group activity
- Attendance at one retreat
Required Registration & Parent Meeting
Required Registration & Parent Meeting for First Reconciliation is held on (choose one to attend): Sunday, September 22 at 12:15pm in the Parish Meeting Room OR Tuesday, September 24 at 6pm in the SJB Library.
- Please bring a copy of your child’s Baptismal Certificate
- Family must be currently registered and active at St. Benedict parish
- Child must be enrolled in a St. Benedict Faith Formation program and have completed at least one year of religious education
- Sacrament Materials Fee of $20 per child
The mandatory retreat will be on Saturday, December 7, 2019 from 9:00am-11:30am. Children and at least one parent or guardian attend together.
First Reconciliation January 2020 - Specific time and date TBD.